For a real meal-on-the-go you will never go wrong with a sandwich. This one is a perfect balance of sweet and salty, soft and crunchy. The pear can be replaced with an apple, so try it out with a Granny Smith apple for a tart and salty version.
Preparation time: 12 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 8 bacon slices
- 1 Pear
- 4 slices sour dough bread
- Cos lettuce
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- In a small bowl mix the wholegrain mustard and the honey and put aside. Place the bacon slices on an oven rack and cook in the oven until crispy but not dry.
- Toast the bread.
- Cut the pear into thin slices.
- Spread the honey and wholegrain mustard mixture on the toasted bread.
- Then place a few slices of brie, pear and four slices of bacon pair sandwich and with a few cos lettuce leaves.
- Top with the second slice of bread. Press and cut the sandwich diagonally.